Friday, December 30, 2011

Faces of Top ELEVEN of 2011 (see what I did there?)

... with honorable mentions at the end (12 to 25)


Now, just a note: there are a few films that could conceivably make my top 10/11 list of the year (i.e. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy or The Iron Lady, though I doubt the latter, or A Separation, which made Ebert's top best-of-the-year pick), and if that happens... well, I'll either come back here and re-edit the list, or, I won't.  Simple as that.  So, just like last year, some faces of 2011 (and this time not all in full close-up, some more 'medium-close' as we say in the industry):

(PS: I DID!) 

11) 

10) 

9)



8)



7)



6) 



5) 


4) 


















3)

2) 


1)




Honorable Mentions (that is, movies I thought were awesome, but didn't make the cut):



I Saw the Devil
The Descendants
13 Assassins
Meek's Cutoff
Certified Copy
50/50
Into the Abyss
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
X-Men: First Class
Attack the Block
The Tree of Life
Shame
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
The Artist
Beginners


top 11:  

11) Contagion (Steven Soderbergh)
10) The Adventures of Tintin (Steven Spielberg)
9) Tabloid (Errol Morris)
8) Rango (Gore Verbinski)
7) Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn)
6) Carnage (Roman Polanski)
5) Take Shelter (Jeff Nichols)
4) Hugo (Martin Scorsese)
3) A Separation (Asghar Fahardi)
2) Midnight in Paris (Woody Allen)
1) Melancholia (Lars von Trier)


So There.

No comments:

Post a Comment